View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 08:06 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

My partner suffers from CRPS in her right hand/arm. As previously mentioned she also uses a sleeve style support bandage when going outside. Not tight but not so loose as to move around. This has its advantages. It really helps fend off those evil breezes, whether from nature or vehicles driving past etc.

She deliberately does not disguise it as anything other than a bandage so that it acts as a visual cue to those unaware of here condition. When bumped on her affected limb (in the street/shop or interacting with younger members of the family who forget/can't understand) she is often rendered unable to move or speak for a while, often just sitting down in unusual places.

People naturally try to help someone who appears injured. For this reason she also keeps a card with a short explanation of her problems in the front of her purse that she can give to people when this happens. It says "I have a painful right arm (CRPS). Please do not touch it. I do not need an ambulance and will be ok soon. Please call (this number) using my phone. Thank you for wanting to help."

I don't know how common this reaction to stimuli is with the rest of you but she found it has stopped incidents where she has been hurt further simply by another's kindness.
newtboots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-09-2015)