View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 10:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

When we had the accident, we had three cats, one very old, two degus, and I guess still a hamster or two. That was four and a half years ago.

Since then, all hamsters and the old cat have passed on.

But now we have the two cats, two degus, two guinea pigs, one dog, four parrotlets, fourteen parakeets, five different species of finches totaling 22 birds.

I watch birds and furry things all day. Talk to birds and furry things all day. Set up birds for breeding, occasionally, or I'd have hundreds of them by now. Rearrange cages and make new toys and things.

Yes, I am now a crazy bird lady. But it's much better than being just plain crazy. And they are better than using the TV for company all day.

Oh, btw, I would suggest avoiding anything parrot-like, including parakeets, especially in large numbers like I have. The noise can be quite a lot to take, at times. Be careful of canaries, also, some are quite loud and shrill. Finches vary in loudness and sound, but some are soft and quite pleasant.

Cats are no good as daytime companions because they just sleep all day. Hamsters and many of the rodents are the same. You gotta find a pet that's awake and active all day. Personally, I would recommend the finches or other small birds, but I'm a crazy bird lady now.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (05-29-2014), Living_Dazed (05-29-2014)