View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 03:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,

You are really suffering, I am so sorry, pain takes over your whole life, the pain and not sleeping well really, really takes a toll.

Are you on any pain med? I take Norco but it hardly touches the pain.

You're working 12 hour days too! you have to be suffering a lot, I totally understand.

I saw the physiatrist today who doesn't know much about these cysts so I was pretty disappointed.

I'm the same as you, pain in left leg/ankle but for me it's the big toe, also numbness across my left ankle, sometimes I feel pain in my left foot but it's mostly in the left.

My left leg/foot sometimes feels like I'm 1/2 dragging it, hard to explain, it suddenly doesn't work as well as the right!

Going to a chiropractor and for massage therapy, Dr suggested steroid injection but will wait to see if therapy helps. thing is the injections are supposed to be only temp, had one in my neck though and it has helped about 70%.

Make sure the Dr who gives you the epidural uses X-ray imaging to guide the needle.

Been looking on "Dr. Google" I know I shouldn't do it! but...some say these cysts get worse over time, they grow?? I am worried.

Everything gets worse sitting down but quite often I have to limp home when out for a walk, other days it's not as bad.

I have slight DDD and a mild disc bulge in the lumbar spine but again the Dr doesn't seem to think any of it should be causing this pain.

Had a car accident last year so have severe neck problems, long story...and am wondering if this cyst can be caused by trauma.

I was very, very active before this accident, now can hardly do anything and have also gained weight, the food just tastes so good!! but...I have cut back and am losing as I figure I'll only be more depressed gaining weight, can't win.

Honestly, I have sat and cried over all this, just want to be 100% again.

Hope you can get to pick up your medicine, take care, look after yourself.

Went over to the Tarloc cyst forum too, thank God for that!
Sitke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote