Thread: Progress
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 05:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Well said Toe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toepain2013 View Post
I think the single, biggest thing that has helped has been changes in my attitude / mental state.
This is fantastic! Go you!! I couldn’t agree more. Attitude and your state of mind is everything.

We must keep moving and pushing through the pain as much as we can. The alternative is a deep dark place filled with sorrow, despair and a longing for what was or what could have / should have been. I have had this for a while now, and when I was first diagnosed, after I learned how to walk again I started a new business venture. I would lug 60 lbs of gear around for 12 hours a day. Not every day, but I did do it. I worked tirelessly honing my new craft. Oh and I had a husband, five children and a house to keep up with.

I was also a LOT younger and my disease was not as advanced as it is now. I cannot do all of those things now at the pace I did then. But I still push myself to keep moving. For instance, we just went camping. Wow.. it’s been a couple of years and it was a LOT of work and pain, but I kept moving. The payoff was being among the trees next to water with my husband and sharing the experience with my daughter (11 y/o). There was a time or two when I thought.. what the hell was I thinking? But trust me I was camping girl style with my blow up bed and heater and all. Cold up in the mountains still.

OH! And we saw a MOOSE! I will attach a couple pics. Hard to appreciate just how large that animal is until it is 20’ from you!! He came through our camp twice!

My point is.. I’m living, or at least I’m trying to. It’s not easy. At times it hurts like hell, but it was going to hurt anyway… right?

Anyway.. My point is I couldn’t agree with you more Toe! So very well put! Thank you for sharing and so glad to hear of your improvement!!

Ps.. Cache La Poudre River is running too full from snow melt and rain
Attached Thumbnails
Progress-moose-profile-jpg   Progress-moose-lookn-jpg   Progress-love-colorado-jpg   Progress-cache-la-poudre-river-jpg   Progress-cache-la-poudre-river-yikes-jpg  

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. Japanese proverb,
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZ-Di (06-03-2014), birchlake (06-02-2014), eevo61 (05-30-2014), Lottie (06-02-2014), Phaedra (05-29-2014), toepain2013 (05-30-2014), zookester (05-29-2014)