View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 09:00 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Angry 6 Weeks And Counting

The first 6 months on Cymalta went fine. The doctor said it has very few side effects. After 6 months I started with the emotional roller coaster. Anything would set me off. Over-reacting to every thing. Crying more than I ever had. I was going through a divorce, so I attributed the crying to that. But, I wanted the divorce. My husband was abusive, so I was happy to be being thrught with him. Then, if I missed a dose, the next day I could not speak right. Slurred words, and could not pronounce words that I know. Two days after coming off of it, I got physically so sick, I was in bed for 3 days. Felt like the flu. All I could do was drink a lot of water. Then the crying and anxiety hit. All day. I was exhausted, and could barely function. I called Life Extention (lef.org). Talked to a pro. She recommended something called Cognitex, and acytl-choline (for memory and speach). Then I bought 5htp for serotonin, which worked within an hour with the crying and anxiety. I take 8 fish oil a day. Also mucuna pruiens for dopamine. Friends tell me my speach is getting better, but I have good days and bad ones. Can't work right now. I'm getting so frustrated, as this may go on for how many more months? It feels like it's permanent at this point. Don't doctors know how many problems this causes? It feels like Cymbalta fried my brain!!!
Blackbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote