View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 10:28 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenng View Post
My mom had CREST. I have neurological issues that are idiopathic, but with my family history an autoimmune cause is suspected. I had low positive results in my early 30's for ANA & antiphospholipid antibodies, now those are negative. My point is, trying to diagnose autoimmune disease through bloodwork alone is often a long and frustrating process. Maybe work with a rheumatologist who looks at the big picture, not just labwork. Have you had an EMG/NCS to look at long nerve fibers?
I have had an EMG and it is mostly fine although there is some evidence of having had damage to a compressed nerve at C5/C6. I had a pretty bad compression fracture of C5 playing high school football and had to wear a halo. Now I have a reverse curve of my neck. Virtually my entire spine is arthritic from the Cs to the Ls. I just had a epidural injection from sciatica and I will have surgery this Summer to remove C5, replace it with a cadaver's fibula and then fuse it with C4 and 6. Who knows what role all that might play with my "Pain Syndrome"?
CoachT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote