View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 12:28 AM
anon122822

anon122822

I would have to agree with Mark with this one. I took Piracetam back in August of last year before I suffered from PCS. It affects the Neurotransmitter GABA and for me it caused severe anxiety that lasted for nearly 2-3 months. I thought I was going to have a heart attack and a host of other absurd issues that anxiety placed upon me.

Any of these Nootropic drugs that affect Neurotransmitters in a major way should be used with extreme caution. You are essentially shooting a gun blindfolded hoping it hits the right spot. If your brain is pre-sensitive to the substance you are ingesting, then you will potentially have very unwanted changes in your neurochemistry leading to enhanced unwanted side effects.

At least do not use any of these supplements chronically. Acute use for needed situations could be beneficial, but with any synthetic substance tolerance will occur because the Neuron you are inhibiting and trying to enhance will run out of the chemical you are trying to force out eventually leading to worse symptoms.

Natural "Nootropics" that could be of benefit in my experience if you would even consider them that would be: Omega's, L-Theanine, Amino Acids, Coconut Oil, MCT Oil, and other natural mostly unharmful substances.

I would focus on ensuring your diet is providing the proper vitamins and protein building blocks to repair the damage and ensure optimal healing if you want to take that approach.

Best of luck,
Joey Powers
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote