View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 01:23 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
These two are both decongestants -- can help with runny nose and stuffiness, as add-on treatment, but by themselves they are ineffective against an allergic reaction. For that, we need to find you an antihistamine, proper.

I hear you. The same thing happened to me. What I used to take has been taken off the market where I live, along with most of meds of its kind. I am going through the newer ones, trying to find one that will work at least partially.

Steve, can you tell me the name of the third thing she recommended?

Did it give you side effects, or did it simply not work?

waves
Hi Waves. The third one is Chlorpheniramine Maleate. It's a antihistamine. If I take it with the others I may not sleep. I took it two days recently,and I had the panic disorder intensify. It has a molecule that could help the other two medications.

The medication that my allergy doctor had me on was a generic called by the names Atrohist,Protuss-DM,and the latest generic name was Durahist D Caplet Pro.

I had been getting this medication at a CVS out here in the country,and they stopped getting them. I called the pharmacist in the State Capital city in which I lived most of my life,and asked him if they had that medication anymore. He said no. I said this is what I can do? Are there any medications like that anymore? He said yes but he didn't want me to drive all the way there(70,or 80 miles)to get a proscription. He said to talk to my local pharmacist about the medication,and what he could come up with in place of the proscription. So they where the three medications that he came up with. I just don't know!?

The main thing that I had to get straight out here first was the mental health system treatments,where they where,and what to do,and traveling to these cities to get the counciling,and mental health meds that I needed. That was the only health priority that I was proceeding with.

Allergy treatments were hard to initiate,and when I finally got treated,and helped,the insurance company stopped one allergy shot a week. By that time I was having a hard time with another situation,and put the allergy treatments on the back burner of my mind.

I'm living in the middle of nowhere now. Everything is way down the road,and the closest big city is about 30,to 40 miles away. The streets are all hard to find,because I don't go there to often. The big city that I grew up in is 70,to 80miles away.

Oh my. I'd better stop here. BF
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-30-2014), Dmom3005 (05-30-2014), Mari (05-30-2014), mymorgy (05-30-2014), waves (05-30-2014)