Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 09:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Confused

Today is 9 weeks since I hit my head. As some of you may know I started experiencing symptoms (headache, noise sensitivity, fatigue, poor concentration, anxiety) roughly a week after but was ignorant and tried to push through. After learning the hard way and seeking advice on here I have learnt so much and believe this forum is the reason I have made steps towards recovery. I cut alcohol, exercise and tried to rest as much as possible.

At week 7 my doctor prescribed me 10 mg Amitriptyline. I don't know if its a coincidence but since then my noise sensitivity has reduced to almost nothing and the only symptoms I am left with is headaches. I've never really experienced much neck pain since my injury but after reading on here about tension in the neck linked to headaches, I decided to go to a physio therapist.

The physio didn't find an injury but said I have a lot of tension in the upper trapezius. I have been doing home exercises since and my headaches have decreased dramatically. I still have like a pressure in my head every day but it is very mild.

Basically I am confused because I don't know what the issue is. Did I have post concussion to begin with and now a neck injury is disguised as PCS? But I never really had much neck pain to begin with and don't seem to have many upper spine injury symptoms apart from headaches and tension at the back of head and neck. Also chiropractors here aren't very trustworthy and will probably just want to do aggressive manipulations which i don't think would be helpful.

I am going to continue with exercises and medication and hopefully things will improve but I just don't want to keep resting so much if i don't actually need to. Yesterday I actually did a 2 hour presentation which I thought would really trigger my symptoms but I only really had a mild headache afterwards at the back of my head. I am sorry if im sounding impatient and I know some of you have long term battles with pcs but I just don't know where I'm at.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Lewissmh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote