View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 09:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindig View Post
Car rides cause my face to flair up considerably.

I was taking oxycontin 2x 20mg/day for a year but just had the doctor kick me off them. Withdrawal sucks and lasts a lot longer than I expected (multiple weeks long).

It's pretty frustrating when doctors get you on the drugs then don't give a **** about weening you off. I can totally see how people go to heroin from oxycontin.

I honestly didn't have a bad time with the oxycontin, I worked as a programmer while I was on it, I never craved it, even during withdrawal.

I take 150mg nortriptyline, 150mg effexor, 60mg cymbalta I've only had results from the antidepressants and opiates, but not much relief. Gabapentin was terrible, trileptal didn't do anything, muscle relaxers never helped, etc
The med that I was on was actually Tegretol not Trileptol. I guess the med also caused me some confusion. The Neurologist took me off the Tegretol because of the muscle weakness and placed me on Dilantin. I have had what I think is a migraine aura. flashing lights at my peripheral vision shaped like part of a circle. It happened twice but I'm not sure if it was because of the transition from Tegretol to Dilantin. Things look a bit fuzzy right now and I feel a bit hyperactive on Dilantin, the latter being alright with me. My sinuses are acting up since on Dilantin also.

For the pain Dilantin only vaguely gets rid of pain so I tried taking baclofen with it and the pain goes away completely. If the combination works to relieve pain, then I wonder if the risks are worth it. Baclofen alone dulled the pain quite a bit and I only took it as needed and the pain was bearable; however, the pain on Dilantin alone was not bearable.
Quandry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote