View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 11:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoslingberg View Post
Sometimes I really wish I could give all of you a big hug.
I've also become an avid bird watcher since PCS, it's so relaxing
Hi redoslingberg and everyone,

Just had to share with you what happened on my last day in Neuro Rehab on Thursday, 5/22. I was finishing up a cardio workout on the Nustep ( kind of a seated machine that works upper and lower body together), when out of nowhere the bird feeder they have outside the rehab gym was a flurry of wings when the small chickadees and red shouldered black birds suddenly flew away.

Next thing you know, a great big hawk landed on the fence behind the bird feeder, and sat there for at least 3-4 minutes, while everyone got pictures of it on their phones. A beautiful bird. I was told they got a woodpecker on that very same spot the next day.

That was a monumental treat!! I love to watch birds now, and especially the beautiful little hummingbirds we used to get at work. We had hummingbird feeders that stuck to the windows, and they would get so close, it was almost like you could touch them. Used to bring smiles to the patients, and frequent return visits to the gym, even when they weren't actually there for an appointment.

Take care, M-i-m
music-in-me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Living_Dazed (05-30-2014)