View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Blush root canal infection after 2 years

I need help! Since I got pregnant my teeth went down hill. I brush everyday twice.
I didn't go to the dentist while pregnant since I have anxiety and asthma. When I did go, I had to do 2 root canals. One of them was starying to be painful about a moth after but the pain went away and I didn't go back. It would bother me once in a while for maybe a day. Now its been about a week of really bad pain on my tooth. I feel pain in near my nostril, cheek bone, lower jaw and upper jaw. Im starting to feel pain in my temple as well.

I finally went to see whats wrong and they told me I have an infection and I will need to redo the root canal. They said I had a 20 80 percent chance of saving the tooth or I may need to look into an extraction.

Should I just extract?

My insurance will cover only a certain amount a year and I want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

The only problem is that its one of my front tooth next to my canine tooth. I just dont want to go toothless for so long, I do smile alot and my teeth are just naturally straight. So it embarrassing.

I just dont want to get more sinus problems.

Please help.
claudy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote