View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 06:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tessa and Jesika

Hi there you two sweet, kind souls. Yeah I can't reply with your text or quotes I can only do new posts for now.

Tessa - MAN you are a rock star. ROCK STAR. I following your post about your implan/pump and saw pictures. I bow down and salute your bravery. OMG. You are a leader and have amazing strength. Reading the stories here is so hard, as I was in exact same place as so many, but I also feel I am among people who get it, and I want to support others. I was on Brain Talk and other forums for many years seeking advice and giving all the support i could. I am so grateful to have met two new people who seem to be just amazing.

Jesika, thanks for your sweet words. Yeah I have never yet in 25 years, had anyone deal with my RSD in regards to surgery though I was an outspoken advocate for myself, it got me nowhere. It is so hard to actually get doctors to help. It's one thing to say that you will try and help or not to worry RSD does not usually occur in "fill in the blank ____" but to us who have RSD and get it from surgery, those statements need to have action behind them. HELP, protocols. Not treating us the way we have been. I do believe I have people in my corner this time, for the first time who may help. I would be lying if I said I was not worried, and had this weighing on me for like a million years. I always said I would take the RSD I currently have and never complain if I never had to have it in one more limb (an additional limb). And here I am facing the trauma, drama. It is really like post traumatic for me, going into war, flashbacks. I am staying positive, and will keep a good outlook but I can't fathom coming out of this with a whole other limb with full blown RSD. I was on crutches for like 7 years with the first RSD, and it's still crazy painful in my leg, and now I fear the other leg will get it. I had a bout of spread after a diagnostic hip injection, and it was unbearable. I sure don't want that to occur with my hip surgery but I know the risks. We all do.

Anyway, thank you both for letting me vent, and for welcoming back into the community after years away. I just took a walk in the park (on crutches) just because I had to live, breathe and just BE with nature even if only for 4 steps, 4 minutes or 40 paces. A big dog jumped on me and landed on my hip and it went POP CRACK BOOM as it always does, and I said, "hmmmmm guess it is time to turn around and leave." LOL. I love dogs and I could not resist playing with them. RSD or not. YA GOTTA LIVE.

Hugs to you both.

Tessa I will PM you if I figure it out and the forum lets me, lol.

You all are inspirational. WE HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO WORK WITH THIS BEAST. RSD does not own me, and frankly it can kiss my _ SS! LOL
Burnbabyburn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (05-30-2014)