View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 09:17 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member

Thanks Cheri.

LaDonna is still having a very hard time. She carries the burden of so many people, and she's not well herself.

She is livid over this production. It wasn't even filmed here (filmed in Canada), and it would have been easy for them to consult with the Lakota if they had any concern about accuracy. They also could have just followed the book by the same title - it is accurate.

Sitting Bull was their leader, and they still honor him. When I visited with her at Standing Rock, she took me to his grave site. He did everything he could to protect his people and the Black Hills, and he loved them dearly. This film portrayed him to look like an evil dictator. He NEVER whipped his people, and he NEVER forced anyone to die in Canada.

They also made the "Battle" of Wounded Knee look like an accident. It may have started by accident, but those soldiers hunted those women and children and unarmed men down. They knew exactly what they were doing (killing innocent people). There was no mention in the film that the soldiers received Medals of Honor for their "bravery" against the "savages." There was no mention the ribbon still hangs in the Color Guard in Washington. There was no mention of the current attempt at genocide today.

LaDonna has been such a dear friend to me for many years now. She gives everything she has to her friends and loved ones. Why is SHE considered a "greasy savage?"
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote