View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 11:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous41913 View Post
Does anyone else with rsd feel this way?
I have had rsd over a year, due to a cheerleading accident where I was dropped on my head from an extreme height. in this fall, I fell on my hand as well, causing a sprained thumb, that later was diagnosed as rsd, months and months later after being casted and splinted for months. Now, the rsd has spread to my elbow and I have little use of my hand. My pain is always high; about an 8 out of 10 when I first wake up, and from then on, the pain is just unbearable. I cannot concentrate, because of the pain, or sleep. And to make matters worst, my parents and family members do not understand anything close to what I am going through. They said that all I do is complain. So, here I am now, seeking out for help from those who do understand. My dad even told me that I am defeating myself, and that it was my own doing, that caused my rsd to spread?! He even said that all I do is have a pitty party. My mom doesn't say anything when I am crying in pain, and my sister called me fake?! I am new here, and quite young, as I am only 18.
I'm sorry you are also dealing with this monster,yes many times feels like we are alone fighting a lose battle.
Rsd have no cure ,we can only reach remission if we got the right dr,treatment and support,you can get support here,now make the dr helps is sometimes also a battle.
Is not imaginary like some people believe at the beginning ,is real.
Been stress and not relaxing also make your body flare up hard,try to relax and rest,here is a link where you can find extra info, is rsdsa,hope helps ,Jesika .

http://www.rsds.org/index2.html

eevo61 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote