Thread: Joan M.
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 09:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi sue. the similarities are amazing. my grandparents kept telling my parents there was something wrong too, but my mother, who was not and is not a very nice person kept telling them i was fine until the constant falling made them have to address the problem.
i don't think i ever met someone who has been in the body cast .... wow, my mind is amazed. other than mine being in my left leg, i think we are twins! my birthday was yesterday and i am now 55, been married almost 38 years and
i have two children, a daughter who is 36 and a son who is 35 tomorrow and i have six grandsons, 18, 17, 15, 14, 7, and 5.
i too miss work so much. i was talking to my therapist yesterday about how that was when my disease took over, up until then i had fought a good fight.
what did you do for work? i was a nurse, ortho, surgical, then icu and recovery room. i took a leave of absence to get my hip replaced and never got to go back. i loved it beyond love ... and miss it all the time.
now, is your pain clinic close? what do you find you get out of the pain clinic? my pain is getting worse and has spread to the right foot and i am told i have reynauds in my hands but i often wonder if it is the rsd, and i am considering a clinic but i don't know what i want to do at this point. i have always used my pcp and just a therapist, except for the facet blocks for my back that i went to the baptist for. i have a bad degeneration of L4-L5 from the leg length difference and walking like that for years.
well, i look forward to getting to know you better. joan

Last edited by JOAN_M; 05-31-2007 at 10:18 AM.
JOAN_M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote