View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 07:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I am SO sorry

You are so young to be dealing with this. My apologies if i repeat anything anyone has said but I don't have time to read each and every line of the post.

it seems to me that if you are still experiencing that much pain, your doctor is not taking you seriously. I went through almost all the painkillers when i first got this so long ago and found only two have helped: dilaudid and fentanyl (the oral "lollipops" which are difficult to get through some insurance - let me know if I can help you with that - my new insurance denied me and then I fought and fought and got them to pay for it) ANyway....vicodine would be like hitting a fly with a toothpick for me! the painkillers I'm on are narcotics yes but I'm not addicted to them - dependent yes but there is a difference. And they saved my life. I can be out of pain or at least down to a 2 or 3 on that ridiculous chart the docs use most days.

You will have to learn to advocate for yourself, which is difficult for a 45 year old (which is how old I was when i got it) must less an 18 year old. If the vidodin isn't making a dent get a different drug - one more powerful or that will work!! You might have to go through a few of them but don't give up.

And yes I feel all alone in this all the time. Best thing I ever did was go to a pain support group. There may not be one with the focus on RSD but a pain support group is so comforting.

blessings to you and everyone who is enduring this life of pain.
Roberta
Roberta Gelt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote