View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 09:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

KTMAN:

I had a couple of numb toes, then itching pricking, sometimes all over, some days but not all.

This is what kept that away for me... for 13 months.
https://www.google.com/#q=benfotiami...09015904079260
Benfotiamine, Life Extension brand, one to four per day.

Now it's not working anymore, so I was left to itching and pricking, sometimes all over - horrible isn't it? Surprise surprise - just found out that I have psoriatic arthritis - didn't know at all. When that started to get treated, surprise surprise, itching and pricking subsided. The rheumatologist asked for all "neurological symptoms" when they see you cause, guess what, surprise surprise... infectious types of arthritis, like what I have and rheumatoid, give neurological symptoms such as pricking and itching, tingling, yada yada the whole PN ball of wax. I only figured it out when one of my finger joints swelled up and I went and had it checked out, no referral, I did it on my own.

You should get checked out because you could have it before it shows up and you don't want your joints getting mis-shapen if you do. Joints in your toes, bones in your feet, all of those could be affected, not just hands.

Also I found out, although I had taken plenty of supplements before PN... I had to go back and figure out, one by one, if each and every supplement were adding to the tingling, pricking or other types of nerve pain.

I was relieved of a lot of foot tingling by stopping coconut oil and a lot of nerve pain by stopping fish oil. I have also found out I cannot take canola oil.

So, if you don't have an arthritis issue that you are unaware of - then you have to go back and check out everything health wise you are doing. Supplements or health foods that you have used all your life, well guess what, now they could be causing your grief.

I was riding my bike everyday when I was stuck.. and guess what, I am still riding my bike everyday. You will figure it out. Just make sure you check in here a lot because a lot of info you need will come from other sufferers. It just so happens that what works for one person, will not work for all. So you have to hear what helps a wide variety of ppl and be willing to try things.
KarenEVP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joe Duffer (06-12-2014), rexpotter (02-17-2015)