View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 09:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default **Update**

I went back down to Utah for an appointment to get checked out about my body tingles every time I look left or right. It's gotten better, but when I lay down at night, I notice it the most. They did a lot of touching tests when I went in. They found I can't feel cold on the tops of my hands and that my right side is less sensitive to touch than my left. I don't know what that means. They had me get a spinal MRI and called with the results the next day. They said the scan was "ok" and when I asked if they found anything they said that my doctor was going to look at it and that I needed to get blood work done. I didn't get the paperwork for that til 3 days ago. I got it done 2 days ago and since it's the weekend now, I probably won't know for a few more days what's going to go on. I did get a Diagnostic Imaging Report from the brain MRI and it says:

FINDINGS:
Thin section high-resolution imaging through the orbits demonstrates normal morphology and bilateral globes. demonstrate symmetric signal and volume. There is no abnormal prolonged T2 signal within optic nerves. Postcontrast imaging demonstrates no abnormal enhancement of the optic nerves.
Lacrimal glands demonstrate symmetric morphology and signal.

Orbital vasculature normal.
Extraocaular musculature is normal.
Orbital fat bilaterally demonstrate no focal abnormality.

No diffusion restriction is present. FLAIR sequence again demonstrates subtle linear focus of prolonged signal within right periventricular and deep white matter. The corpus collosum maintains normal signal and volume. Previously identified subtle focus of signal abnormality at the callosal septal interface is not visualized in this exam.
No new lesions are identfied relative to previous.

Sagittal sequence reveals normally formed midline brain anatomy. No intrinsic T1 shortening is present. No evidence of intracranial mass, mass effect, or midline shift. Unchanged subtle T2 intensity focus present at the posterior midline posterior fossa representing a benign arachnoid cyst.

IMPRESSION:
1. Normal signal and morphology of bilateral optic nerves. The optic nerve enhancement is appreciated.

2. Stable focus of linear prolonged T2 signal within right periventricular and right hemispheric deep white matter, stable relative to previous. No new lesions are identified.
Extensive. No additional abnormality defined to correlate with history of optic neuritis.

**I don't understand quite what it says, so if someone would be willing to translate, I'd really appreciate it.

-happycowsfromwyo
happycowsfromwyo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (06-01-2014)