View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 10:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Book How is everyone?! [Status Thread]

Hey guys and gals!

I've been very busy the past few months and today (although on pain pills) I finally feel up to just taking a breather! It feels like everyone here is my family and I haven't seen you guys as much as I've wanted to. Soooo, I'd like everyone to post here if you're up to it and let me know how you have been doing. And for the parents posting about their children, or children about their parents, etc. You too! Let me/us know how everyone has been.

Me?

Well, I had to go through a very unexpected and unorganized move in February. I had to move a short distance from all of my 'ologists' and while it was short, it exceeded the length I can travel with my restricted driving privileges. I do have an excuse to use when she asks me to come in for a check-up. Hah! But, I miss my free samples. I went over my insurance limit so paying OOP on pills stinks.

I finally completed the testing phase with my cardiologist who determined there's nothing wrong with me that's severe enough to trigger seizures or any of the aura-like events. I do have MVP but it's actually mild and what's bizarre is while most of my AED's didn't work for seizures; I had zero heart palp's, murmurs, etc. while on them (didn't matter the brand).

I haven't had a GM seizure in a while and I'm pretty happy about that. I've had a few 'almosts' - I'm sure you guys know about those. You just have that aura that lingers for 2 hours. Bleh! I've had a few of the electrocution-like seizures and I'm doing much better coping with them compared to my first time reaction. I suspect that the past week I had a nocturnal or so, but given I had surgery and I'm very stressed I'm not going to worry much over it since there's a list of triggers I'm covering.

My dogs both had surgery again, too. I swear, I wish I could cash them in when they pass on. I think my Maltese has higher medical bills than I do. Both are in great health now, although I'm learning to crate my dog. It seems I thought she had seizures and she's having similar episodes due to separation anxiety (it means she loves me LOTS).

I had a Laparoscopy and Laparotomy last week for diagnostic purposes and to remove scar tissue. I'd been having a lot of stomach pain and some more endometriosis like symptoms when trying to have any intimate time with my partner. He found 'something' on my uterus but it's off for biopsy (no results). He said it's probably just a spot of fat or something. He said my pain is more likely than not coming from my intestines. Something like they should be flat and aren't - or the opposite. Sadly he told me this after my second shot of Demerol so I was giddy.

My mother is coming into town in 2 weeks and I'm taking her to Disneyland. I know I'm not supposed to, but I'm totally going to ride EVERYTHING!

I turn 30 on Saturday, so I've been kind of sad. Just one of those emotional things where I wanted to do more with my life than be on a perma-medical leave. I really wanted to go back to college or even do volunteer work, anything... Oh well.

I'm on Lamictal now (bye bye Keppra) - I've had some minor breakthroughs but just the hanging aura things. I noticed my mood swings dropped drastically. It's a two-for-one!

I think that covers everything. Now let me know about you!

*Hugs*

Ellie

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote