View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 08:05 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Hi again Lara, I contacted my friend/more aggressive pediatrician and he was pretty clear that a referral to a neurologist would definitely be the next best step. He stated that the "wait and see" line is BS in these cases. (I love his candidness! In response to your question about his gait- it's normal. But his pediatrician did ask about that as well. He has been seen by a PT in the past for the tight hamstrings, and I feel pretty certain there were no concerns about gait back then (he was 4) either. I also saw I did not answer your question about frequency of migraines- they were about 6 per year. But he hasn't had one since he began the medication about 2 months ago! In any case, I have registered him with a reputable neurology clinic in my area and will hopefully have an evaluation scheduled in the next few weeks. I will keep you posted- nice to have someone to chat with about these things who has similar concerns. Is your son doing well? Sounds like you had a pretty scary time of it when your son was young!
Just noticed that you are in Australia! Even more amazing to be chatting with someone across the world! The internet can be pretty awesome.
SLPMOM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (06-04-2014)