View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 10:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleye_hooker View Post
not sure if this is any help but i have just had a rib removal experience. october 2012 i had eight ribs removed and about 1/3 of my sternum to correct an injury. i now know the meaning of ouch, i thought i already did with my last four surgeries to try and repair a fractured dislocated sternum but i was wrong! ribs 8,9,10 and 11 were removed on both sides. i went in for exploratory surgery with the possibility of removing 1 or 2 ribs and maybe the lower part of my sternum and awoke 8 hours later moaning. i was in the hospitol for 5 days. had a moraphine pump set up and other meds but it was excruciating. after i left the hospitol i chose to not take pain meds, not because it didn't hurt but because i don't like thier effects. i was very sore for the first few months as i am still now. laying down is a pipe dream i can only assume i will sleep in a recliner the rest of my life. outside of bathing and some light cooking and a little driving someone else has to do the rest. i am still phenominally numb around my areas of surgery. it is very slowly going away. my dr says it will not go away completely, time will tell. i have also just received a copy of a letter sent from my dr to the insurance company informing them that i likely won't be returning to work. if you combine the physical pain and disability and the games with workers comp together i would have to rate this a less than pleasurable experience.
Wth??

What happened to you?
Eight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote