View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanpar321 View Post
Of course all of us would like to see more research on GDNF. That doesn't change the results of the studies that have been done in the past that showed that GDNF showed is quite promising. The Cure Parkinson's Trust is presently doing a GDNF study in the UK as I posted earlier. It is amazing how the Amgen study was so successful (in the eyes of the patients) yet it is viewed by many as a failure and was terminated prematurely. What happened there? Why are so many of us PD patients so willing to wait patiently for Big Pharma to deliver a cure? Clearly, it's not in their best interests to ever do that!

http://redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=...us&bd=HP&c=134
i'm not expecting big pharma for a cure for pd and i'm ambivilant about gdnf . please don't try to speak for me. i'm betting on the mjff working with many researchers from universities, govt, foundations and smaller biotech companies, domestic and international. i'm not going to dwell on the past and amgen's decision to cancel their gdnf trial. that's been debated years ago, time to move on.

your're free to post whatever you want within reason here but not sure why you are taking up this "cause" here since noone is really stopping GDNF research, if it was really promising money would be found, even from big pharma. they are certainly working on a cure for alzheimers and other CNS diseases. I'm done with this thread.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zanpar321 (06-03-2014)