View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 09:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Topical cataimine/gabapentin cream! These have help many people with nerve disorders that do not want to take gabapentin orally.

Calamare treatment based from doctors in NJ, Cleveland clinic has one now as well because it was helping the CRPS patients so well.

I tried lots of steroid injections, all it did was give me diabetes. We did 6 months worth in 4 weeks, because of cross appointment scheduling. Never lasted long enough to be worth it.

Because of the weight gain because walking/standing exercising causes more problems than it fixed, the neurosurgeon and I decided to try to release the nerve. Once he got in there because of the 15+ years of damage the nerve was too damaged to be repaired. So he cut it just above the hip. This is where I learned what MP was all about, and how it is truly just light touch. It has been so long with normal feeling it feels no different except the tearing burning is now gone. I still feel pressure, there is no muscle control. I just do not feel the hair on my leg. Still not sure about heat and cold after 2 years.. I have not felt that in a decade on that area anyway.

Deep water aerobic before surgery was so helpful for general aching.. And just relaxing.. Getting in the pool with a floatations belt taking the weight off my hip was better than opioids sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
Hi Lisa,

I am back. Part 3
My doc and I both wanted to try a second time with a direct nerve block into the LFCN. He used different combo of meds in the injection the 2nd time. At first there was NO benefit. A week past and NO benefit. After about 10-14 days I began to sleep without being jolted by electrical shocks. I could sit for about 90 minutes. I made it through a grocery trip without crying in pain. I was getting close to the unbearable stage but made it out of the store before desires for amputation. Since I experienced about a 20-30% improvement with the 2nd injection, we are going for a third next month.

All prior efforts at relief had failed so I am glad for the injections. Went through physical therapy, aqua therapy, spinal blocks, Lyrica and neurontin meds, TENS unit, pain patches, etc. etc. The injections directly into the LFCN have been the ONLY thing to give me any relief. My only expectation from the injections is temporary "calming" of the nerve and I will be happy with that and will be glad to repeat it as often as possible.
rMuD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote