View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 11:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
My first fusion gave me 15+ years of quality active and productive living. My 2nd fusion had some problems but once fixed I had a further 15 years active and quality living. My 3rd fusion has not gone so well and the reason I finally had it some 6 years after it was first suggested was because I was forced to resign from work after I suffered severe compression fractures in my thoracic region. They said I would be off work for at least 2 years to recover and we opted to get all my spine problems fixed in that time span. For me, I have a problematic crumbling spine. I have no regrets and consider my surgeons have done the best they could, I'm having to consider further fusion to it this year and I genuinely believe it will help resolve my issues.
Thanks for responding., Pamela. You are pretty brave and stoic to go through 3 fusion surgeries. What was the first one done for? Have you had any issues with scar tissue? Do you feel the "crumbling spine" issue is due to the effect of the fusions on the other vertebrae? You have a great attitude in being grateful that they gave you 30 years of an active, full life vs dwelling on the drawbacks. I may be facing this surgery myself if my pain is proven to be discogenic, but it seems like ive got a complex situation.
dianepmt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote