View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 02:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowyn View Post
My guess would be that you are having trouble with convergence. That is coordinating the eyes to look at a point close to your face.

You might want to get checked for convergence insufficiency by a provider listed at http://www.braininjuries.org or http://www.nora.cc

You could do an informal test by holding your finger out and trying to follow it close in to the point of your nose. If that hurts or you are unable to do it, you probably are having convergence problems.

This type of problem could also show up in close activities like reading.
I went to my eye doctor today, and it definitely hurt when he had me watch his pen move. However, since I was PHYSICALLY able to do it (even though it hurt and made me dizzy), he said that everything was fine anatomically (I think that's the word he used).

Have any of you ever had a sinus infection in your eyes? Today, the eye doctor said, "You have a severe sinus infection in your eyes, and it's one of the worst ones I've seen in years. You also have Computer Vision Syndrome, but I do not believe that is the reason you're in pain. This is all from your sinuses".

Huh? I have no congestion, no runny nose, no sneezing, nothing...I had no clue!

Could a sinus infection really be causing all these problems that I've been experiencing? That just doesn't sound right to me, but who knows. I guess I should take the meds and see (haven't picked them up yet - getting them tonight).

Also, I'm pretty sure the eye doctor thought I was nuts. All of the tests he did caused eye pain and head pressure, but he was like, "Well, that shouldn't be happening". He said I have a lot of pressure in my eyes, plus the sinus infection and CVS, but that none of that should cause a feeling of pressure in my head. Well, alright then.