View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 11:36 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi nienna,

The "plug" is a collagen membrane and that has already been absorbed.

White stuff inside of the socket could be new tissue growth, food debris or plaque. If you are doing well in general, just keep rinsing with warm salt water until the site closes over. A pinch of salt in a cup of warm water 3 times a day is adequate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nienna777 View Post
Hi Bryanna,

I'm 3 weeks into my tooth extraction/bone graft. I just noticed today that there appears to be the same white soft material visible that p_v13 mentioned, however for me it's not coming out, it's just kinda hanging there inside the socket, but extremely visible. Could this be the plug you mentioned? It's very very soft, almost squishy. Otherwise though, my gums feel really good, and look to have a good color as well. No signs of swelling, and no real pain to speak of either. I'm just scared of what it means if it does fall out. Do I worry about the plug coming out?

Sorry for all the questions

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote