View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 12:10 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Sitke

thanks for the reply. Yes I have tried CT guided cortisone injection on the nerve but to no avail I'm afraid I didnt notice any change. I was going to try again but iv heard it can be really bad for you ligaments and muscles if you keep getting them. I also had some side effects from the cortisone as well it made me really depressed and sick. I didnt like it at all! especially the depression part as i have never experienced depression before and it sucked! I really feel for people who have to deal with that every day!

Yeah the legs numbness and pins/needles is strange considering there no nerve exits at the level of the spine. I wasnt sure if maybe it was a side effect of spinal cord compression. As i have very little fluid too no fluid between my c5/c6 from what i can see on the MRI on the computer. I might get a MRI scan of my lumbar to make sure.

The more i think about it the more mad i get now with the surgeons consultation. He failed to mention important observations like left uncovertebral joint osteophyte which pretty important with combination of the extrude disc. He also even used the wrong terminology calling my discs just buldges when in fact they are extrusions which means a tearing of the disc and are deeper. If two radiologist pick it up, he could of at least given my MRI more then two second look over. Its the little things like that really make me doubt his intentions.

Well thank you for your reply Sitke it was really helpfull. Also may I ask how long have you had your issues? Im still undecided how long i should wait before seeing a surgeon again.
bryce86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote