View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 04:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Water method

Hey Buck, the water method is tried and trusted by many. Well done to you on your perseverance, you are quite a hero and many here will follow your thread and draw hope and strength from it. Awesome effort , hugs hugs and hugs are well deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye71 View Post
Thought it might be time for an up-date on my withdrawal plan. I am now in the 10th week and have reduced that “dread drug” from 225mg down to a total of 100mg daily (25mg @ 6am/50mg @2pm/25 mg@ 10pm). I took my last 50mg capsule yesterday and now taking that “dread drug” dissolved in water only. Let me explain the “dissolved in water” that I am doing.

I asked my PM Doc, who I greatly respect, about how to split the 75mg capsules that I had down to 25mg with out another prescription. I was going to open them and try to measure the powder and place the contents back into a gelatin capsule. He said it would not for various reasons. His suggestion was to open it into a measured amount of water and then store in the refrigerator. Here’s what I’m doing to split my 75mg capsules into three liquid 25mgs. In one cup of water, I cut the capsule (it is water-soluble.). 1/3rd cup gives me my needed 25mg and so on. Seems to be working plus it’s saving me prescription money. Any thoughts on my “dissolved in water” practice?

Today is the beginning of my 10th week. Headaches are the still main side effect that just seems to persist and really affect my quality of life. I still have headaches almost continuously, but they may not be quite as severe. The neuropathic foot pain is cranking up some, but I’m hoping I can tolerate the PN pain as the head clears up. I am still not where I want to be with the side effects. I know I must put on my Winston Churchill hat and remember his “we shall fight them on the beaches” speech and carry on for weeks yet.

I’m closer to ending that “dread drug” from my life.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-06-2014)