View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 06:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
Good pain relief eh Phil... nice one mate!

The more benefit the easier the decision I reckon, it makes going for the permanent implant a more confident and positive experience eh.

I remember saying to my consultant after the trial; "but what if the implant doesn't give me the same benefit?", he said; " well we will do our best to tweak it till it does, failing that we will take it out again and think of something else!". All sounded fair enough to me mate... nothing ventured and all that stuff

Wingy
Wires came out yesterday and I reckon within 6 to 8 hours things started to head back to normal. Which I guess proves how well it was working, but I was hoping for some sort of overflow effect for a day or two. Oh well, that's life.

Initially I was pencilled in for the permanent unit in a few weeks but decided to fob them off a bit. I'm half way through training a driver at our depot and used that as the excuse so I could complete his training. I mean after all this time, what's a few more months. After a long talk with my Ever-Loving last night, it was decided to see if the slot was still available.

So the upshot is, I'm booked in for the 23rd. No turning back now. Did I mention the fact that I am allergic to pain? That was part of the reason for putting it off I suppose. Afterall, what I have now is a "known" whereas having an implant installed is very much an unknown. If I have learned nothing else from the forum, no two implants seem to go the same, or work the same. Anyway that's my gripes for the day, hope everyone is feeling as best as they can be.

Phil
Rimbanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-04-2014), PamelaJune (06-04-2014), Rrae (06-08-2014)