View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 07:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimbanda View Post
Wires came out yesterday and I reckon within 6 to 8 hours things started to head back to normal. Which I guess proves how well it was working, but I was hoping for some sort of overflow effect for a day or two. Oh well, that's life.

Initially I was pencilled in for the permanent unit in a few weeks but decided to fob them off a bit. I'm half way through training a driver at our depot and used that as the excuse so I could complete his training. I mean after all this time, what's a few more months. After a long talk with my Ever-Loving last night, it was decided to see if the slot was still available.

So the upshot is, I'm booked in for the 23rd. No turning back now. Did I mention the fact that I am allergic to pain? That was part of the reason for putting it off I suppose. Afterall, what I have now is a "known" whereas having an implant installed is very much an unknown. If I have learned nothing else from the forum, no two implants seem to go the same, or work the same. Anyway that's my gripes for the day, hope everyone is feeling as best as they can be.

Phil
Phil, you seem to be overlooking one of the main advantages of having the permanent implant, allow me to enlighten you:

You have to charge the IPG every so often, i find this the perfect opportunity for the following:

I would love to go to your mother's, but I have to charge up!

Oh course I want to take you clothes shopping, but I have to charge up!

No I don't want to sit here drinking beer, but what else can I do, I'm charging up!

Washing up dear, no problem, I'll do it as soon as I finish charging up!

I think you get my drift mate

Wingy
Wingy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-04-2014), PamelaJune (06-04-2014), Rimbanda (06-05-2014), Rrae (06-08-2014)