View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 03:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
I see my doctors regularly, and take my medications
Are they aware that your meds are not working if you still have insomnia and extreme severe anxiety? There are meds out there that will lessen the symptoms over a period of time.
With the past 2 months, I started suffering from insomnia for the first time in my life. Never had any problems sleeping. I could sleep at the drop of a hat. I started taking over the counter sleeping meds (the natural ones). None worked. So at my next dr appt, I just happen to mention the insomnia. My dr prescribed the muscle relaxant Cyclobenzaprine (10mg) to take every night. Worked! Worked too damn well. So I started taking 1/2 pill which worked perfectly. Currently, I take them "as needed." Had to take a 1/2 pill last night for the first time in 3 weeks.
If you have not already done so, ask your doctor about a muscle relaxant.

I have no experience personally w/severe anxiety but know someone who does & is on SSD. The meds have worked wonders for this person. It took a few weeks but, the meds finally kicked in & leveled this person out regarding the anxiety. Initially it was a trial & error process regarding the dosage.

Volunteering & working are entirely two different things. Like apple & oranges.
I volunteer but only do so on my "good" days. If a good day turns "bad" while I am volunteering, I just leave! SEE YA...GOTTA GO!!!! Try that at a paid job!!!
Also, as a volunteer, I come & go as I please. Try that at a paying job.
I only volunteer in the spring & summer. I take the fall & winters off. Try that a paying job!
When volunteering, you should let the place know of your disabilities right up front. Even if you don't, what are they going to do....fire you?