View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 05:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Speak to your doctor

Hi Joe, please do go easy titrating down with your lyrica. It states on the paperwork that accompanies the drug to not let yourself be in a position where you fall short and run out. The effects on your body as it adapts to no longer having it can be extreme as you have already experienced. While you still have insurance for it, perhaps you could begin to set aside an amount so that you can titrate down at your own speed. When I was on it, I had mine prescribed in 75mg so even though I was on 300 daily once I decided I would not renew my next script I was able to every other day miss 75mg and I was fortunate to be able to get off it quickly even though it was hell, anyhow that way I felt comfortable with my reduction plan. You may find you get down to 75 and plateau there for a bit or even have to hope up again a little. It's a tough medication to withdraw from as there is no support for it as it is not a "narcotic". Whatever you do, please do it in conjunction with your GP support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefcarle View Post
Just found this site. I have been on Lyrica 600 mg a day and hydrocodone lots for a work related back injury that forced me to retire. I knew this day was coming when the insurance company would start denying the meds. I tapered down and haven't used any hydrocodone in 4 days. That withdrawl has been bad enough and is still not over. I know have to figure out how Im going to get off the Lyrica. My new fear is what to replace it with since the Lyrica did help a lot in the burning of my feet. I also have a stimulator in my back but that dosent really cover the burning and pain in my feet and legs. The Lyrica withdrawl scares me though as I once tried tapering off and had severe problems including chest pains and breathing problems.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote