Thread: Osteoporosis
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 05:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Razz, I did reply and noticed I was the only one, not sure of you saw it, here is my reply below. Possibly not enough to help you I'm afraid. I should add my compression fractures 2 years down the track still give me grief, I incurred another 12 months ago as well. My spine has been likened to honeycomb, just crumbling

Where are your fractures? My first one was T5 moving a heavy item, it hurt but as I always have back pain paid no attention to it, the following year I had a seizure and fractured T3,4&6. The pain was excruciating and sadly it took them months to work out what was wrong. After many tests they also advised I have osteopenia, it's before becoming osteoporosis.

Treatment wise, I was too far gone in the fractures for them to do anything. Vertebroplasty can be done if caught early enough, ie before the fracture heals itself. Other than that, rest, ice and heat packs and pain meds.

So I went back on HRT and will also begin again taking calcium and vitamin D supplements. I haven't taken the supplements for a sustained period as they are very expensive and with all my other medical costs & medication I let these slide. But today, reading your question prompted me to read up on it again and I realise I need to take these supplements and can go without something else.

I hope you are doing as well as you can and are getting treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzle51
has anybody had and what was the best treatment .. this is from Osthporsis
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote