View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Symptom of the Week 6/5-6/12 - Muscles

I labeled this muscles to include spasticity, weakness, pain, etc. Anything to do with our muscles.

Like a lot of MSers, I get muscle spasms all the time. I very rarely get them in my arms or back. It's mostly my legs. Sometimes when I sit in a chair I can feel my left quad in a tight spasm when it hits the edge of the chair. It's not always painful but I can feel discomfort. My left leg has more spasms than my right. I also get random twitching in my thighs. It's really strange. It's like there's something in there moving.

My muscles get weak fairly quickly and many times I feel like I ran a marathon when all I did was walk from the bedroom to the kitchen or something simple like that.

I try to stretch my muscles every morning and evening as well as throughout the day. This does help. I take a small dose of Ativan to help with the spasms. This really helps the hug (which will be a whole new thread) as it seems to help keep the intercostals calmed down some. I used to take Epsom salt baths and that really helps too, but I can no longer get myself in and out of the tub. There is Epsom salt lotion but I haven't tried it yet. It's my understanding that it works quite well.

I have gone through times where limbs have gotten stuck in a certain position due to spasticity. My hip got stuck in a 45 degree angle. It was very difficult to move it. It eventually eased up within a week and I did some PT as well. My right foot likes to do the same thing and gets stuck turned in. Again, it takes a while for that to work itself out.

Discuss your muscle issues due to MS . . .
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (06-05-2014), Debbie D (06-06-2014), SallyC (06-05-2014)