View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 01:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Your attorney has a good idea as to what fair is. I would suggest that you request an appt with him/her before the depo to go over what he/she would like from you.

Keep in mind during a depo:

1. Don't start talking and not stop. If they ask a question, give an answer and that is it. (What medications are you taking? Vicodin, neurontin, etc., etc. Why do you take vicodin? My pain level exceeds an 8 every day.) Short and sweet. If you start telling your life story and won't shut up, it doesn't help your case.

2. The defense attorney is basically looking to see if you are going to make the jury sympathetic to your case. Are you believable? Are you someone that people will see and feel sorry for. It's ok to be nervous, it's good to be strong. You are standing up for yourself and fighting the cause of your injury.

3. Your attorney is allowed to take breaks and take you out of the room. Maybe come up with a signal with him to do so. Have a good repor with your attorney. Trust him. They are fighting for you. Also, if it is a contingency attorney they are fighting because if they don't they don't get paid.

Good luck and let us know.

CHRISTINE

I AM NOT A DRUG SEEKER,
I AM A PAIN RELIEF SEEKER.
junk4myemail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote