Thread: Odd
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 03:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

This mental connection with PD sounds just like the cessation of PD when the man rode the bike. He was stumbling and falling yet when he rode the bike he executed better turns than I could. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaY3gz5tJSk There was also a young lady with Dystonia that could run or walk backward but not walk forward. There appears to be a huge occupied brain component to many movement disorders.

It seems distracting or fooling your brain could be a very big key. This akin to the stutterer stopping when he can no longer hear his own voice or stopping if words are sung. If tricking the body works we just need to capitalize on it.

It occurs to me that I have two tens units for electro stimulation of painful muscles. I wonder if I used that on affected limbs? hmm. Must go dig them out and see. They can be worn for extended periods and come with a belt clip. Has anyone tried this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0gma View Post
I absolutely agree that in some people this disease can be psychosomatic. I was diagnosed during a very stressful time in my life. Even now after being diagnosed as not having PD I find myself getting tremor fits when I think too much about very stressful things. I can stop the fits with intense concentration but it is exhausting. It's very annoying to have something so uncomfortable and painful start up when I want to relax and go to sleep. It drives me absolutely bats to be relaxing in bed and think about the tremors and they start up. It's almost become a behavioral component of trying to stop taking sinemet.

My Mom has a friend that was dx'd with MS only to find she didn't have it after her stressful divorce was finalized. My story is much the same.
d0gma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GerryW (06-05-2014), lab rat (06-06-2014)