View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Doydie,
Wow...you're a gem for allowing MIL to exit the store the way she wanted to...it's so hard to deal with the elderly when they have their minds set, even though we know the "right" way to deal with a situation.

It's amazing how many of us deal with these types of sxs with MS...and yet, we "look so good" to the outside world. Even my DH doesn't know the problems I really have with bodily functions--it's so humiliating to me that I don't want to share even with him when I have accidents.

It's weird how many of us also downplay these things too...I was talking to a neighbor who has MS. She told me her only real sx is foot drop. I was discussing having bathroom issues, and she said she has both kinds of bathroom problems as I do. So why does she think that foot drop is her only sx then? IMHO bathroom issues are much more limiting than foot drop...

Glad we all have this place to share...it really is so isolating thinking you're the only one who deals with these things...too bad we all have these things in common...
msbluis (06-10-2014), SallyC (06-06-2014), tkrik (06-06-2014)