View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 01:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
Ok, we are on the cycle again. This time after yet another fall and injury I can live in hope it will stick a little longer this time as he needs to have ongoing physio treatment for his foot injury. He walked around for 3-4 weeks with the poor foot and finally agreed to se the GP this am. His last drink was Sunday, no accidents but close calls and one face plant in the door. I think it must have hurt.
How can someone who is just the nicest person with a giving and responsible job be considered a pillar of society yet live such a secret life. Why can't there be more out there to support these individuals rather than just AA and higher power belief and it's 12 steps. He is never going to buy into the religious aspect of it, believe me he has tried but he can't or won't buy into it. He has looked at other options and done a number of courses and knows only to well only he can make the decisions and choices. So anyway day 5.

Then forget the religious aspect. I have seen people have that shoved in their faces until the cows come home, and it doesn't make any difference if they don't want to stop. There is an organization called SMART online that also has some local meetings here and there but not many .....nothing like the availability of AA. He can also see a psychologist, etc, but none of it works if he really wants to drink. Get some help for you, you aren't much good to him or you or anyone if you fall apart. Millions of people have stopped addictions without any help from God (at least none they recognized) or any program or any belief system other than I Don't Want To Be An Addict.
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-07-2014), ger715 (06-09-2014), PamelaJune (06-07-2014)