View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 11:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I would strongly appreciate you confining your opinion to yourself and do your own research. You haven't posted any wrt this topic. Do your own work and disprove the facts of my life bc that's all I have written. And I did post the support if you read. Back off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
DOGMA,
please don't make statements you can't support and i would strongly appreciate your're doing a little more research before you post your very strong opinions. i had 2 MDS's tell me they were pretty sure i had PD when they first saw me sitting and before my exam. my GP was shocked i was diagnosed with pd, we were playing soccer together so he saw me running, etc. i asked my MDS what the chance was he was wrong and how many patients similar to me he had diagnosed, at that time i was a very active, very fit 48 year old with no obvious tremor and thinking at the worst i had a pinched nerve, his answer was 5% and he said at least 1000 patients. so a good MDS seems to be able to diagnose pd well before major symptoms present.

i'm not going to defend DBS but there is some evidence it might stimulate stem cells to grow or migrate around the tip area where the electrode is placed, they;ve seen this either when an electrode is removed or maybe autopsy or both.

we can all learn from your're experience being misdiagnosed with pd but i'm an adult who has had pd for 12 years and i wish i was back at the progression level i was at at even 9 years. could i have qualified for a dbs 3 years ago or at all, dunno. but i sure would have liked to know at 5 years after diagnosis if a DBS could signficantly slow progression knowing what 12 years is like.

you think any pd trial wants people who don't have pd? i don't. you might be right and this trial might be a waste but i would do a lot more internet research than you have before offering up an opinion. thank god there were volunteers years ago who had sham and real DBS's, to many advanced pd'ers it has given them back their lives.

going off on a tirade against sinemet, dbs only helps you imho. think about it.
d0gma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote