View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default "Actually i see no back up or documentation for your opinion EVER."

i have a rule i follow when posting here which is never post any info about pd that i present as a "fact" that i haven't thoroughly researched and if i'm not sure i clearly state that. you seem to post information as "fact" that supports your opinions and cherry pick the supporting evidence. just my opinion.

i think i supply more backup in general than most posters. as far as l-dopa, dyskinesias and pd meds in general, any book on pd backs up what i say. i think i've established a certain level of credibility here over the years where i don't have to document every statement i make.

i post on your threads because i strongly disagree with your opinions and think some of what you are posting is wrong. and honestly, i doubt if i documented what i said it would make any difference to you.

just google dupdopa, i'm sure you'll quickly find a discussion of why a maintaining a constant level of l-dopa greatly reduces dyskinesia. dyskinesias can occur taking agonists. and when people on the dupdopa pump switch back to oral l-dopa they have a honeymoon period with less dyskinesias.

regardless of what specifics we disagree on, my basic point is you are posting opinion as fact and i'll comment on that anytime i see it.

here's a reference that discusses dyskinesias and the pluses/minuses of agonists vs sinemet.
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/pd/2012/745947/

i'm not sure why you brought up ECT, ELECTROCONVULSIVE THERAPY, that's not DBS.

and i found your statement that progression is needed to diagnose pd and therefore DBS should only be done on advanced pd'ers as very strange since so much work is being done on finding biomarkers and other non-movement signs such as lewy bodies outside the brain, smell, hearing, speech, etc. to detect pd as early as possible.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote