View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Jace,

I'm so sorry, all these irresponsible drivers running around and with no insurance or hardly any.

I know this is after the fact but...can you get Uninsured/Underinsured auto insurance on to your policy?

This means if someone else hits you and they don't have any ins. or not enough ins. you would fall back on your own insurance and they would pay you a settlement/bills etc.

My daughter was riding in a friend's car and someone drove right out in front of them, daughter had both arms broken/fingers/concussion, after some settlement from the at fault party, her attorney fell back on my daughter's car insurance and they paid her a substantial settlement.

After my daughter's accident I upped everything to be well covered.

It really doesn't cost that much more to add all the above to a policy and well worth it for peace of mind.

An accident can send someone into financial ruin and it's beyond not right.

You can take that young guy to court, not sure if you get a settlement he'll be able to pay but it would be on his record and I think, not sure sorry...but he will have a judgement against him which means he won't be able to buy a house, etc until he does, I know in my State it works that way.

That's why the person who was the at fault party in my daughter's accident ran and took his name of all his belongings, house, cars etc
Sitke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (06-07-2014), Living_Dazed (06-10-2014)