View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 01:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm trying to figure out what exactly you are arguing about. I have only stated that people need to make educated decisions. I pointed out the undeniable fact that ld has limited efficacy and that it did in me and does in others cause dyskinesia and dystonia. I urged people to ask questions and be aware of risks. *admin edit*

I never said ld was bad or don't take it. Show me!
I never said DBS was for advanced cases only. Show me!
What fact are you claiming was an opinion? You never say you just accuse.

*admin edit*

Thanks for noting my opinion is strong. I think so too. This begs the question tho, if u think strong opinions are bad is yours weak? Are people wrong automatically if their opinion is strong? I don't get the logic here. A strong opinion is bad? *admin edit*. We all have a constitutionally protected right to an opinion....this is the US. You are the only one presuming you opinion is better than anybody else's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
i have a rule i follow when posting here which is never post any info about pd that i present as a "fact" that i haven't thoroughly researched and if i'm not sure i clearly state that. you seem to post information as "fact" that supports your opinions and cherry pick the supporting evidence. just my opinion.
WHAT FACTS?. You never say.

i think i supply more backup in general than most posters. as far as l-dopa, dyskinesias and pd meds in general, any book on pd backs up what i say. i think i've established a certain level of credibility here over the years where i don't have to document every statement i make.
Nannananna booboo. Seriously are you 10 years old?

i post on your threads because i strongly disagree with your opinions and think some of what you are posting is wrong. and honestly, i doubt if i documented what i said it would make any difference to you.
WHAT OPINIONS? You don't say. Just misquote and whine.

just google dupdopa, i'm sure you'll quickly find a discussion of why a maintaining a constant level of l-dopa greatly reduces dyskinesia. dyskinesias can occur taking agonists. and when people on the dupdopa pump switch back to oral l-dopa they have a honeymoon period with less dyskinesias.

Ok fine what's the argument....I never talked about agonists except that they were there. You,are arguing with urself here. Thanks for proving my point tho. Ld does cause dyskinesia or this wouldn't work.

regardless of what specifics we disagree on, my basic point is you are posting opinion as fact and i'll comment on that anytime i see it.
What opinion? You are not even bothering to misquote now. Just fabricating air. You disagree with everything and never make you point? Petty childish vendetta is so silly as to not even be irritating. Just ridiculous.

here's a reference that discusses dyskinesias and the pluses/minuses of agonists vs sinemet.
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/pd/2012/745947/
So what, I never discussed agonists. You are making stuff up here to argue about that I never spoke about.

i'm not sure why you brought up ECT, ELECTROCONVULSIVE THERAPY, that's not DBS.
Bc it's electricity, obv not DBS. I made a point only that we know very little about how electricity affects the brain. We certainly can't totally confine it and we don't know what else DBS is doing.

and i found your statement that progression is needed to diagnose pd and therefore DBS should only be done on advanced pd'ers as very strange since so much work is being done on finding biomarkers and other non-movement signs such as lewy bodies outside the brain, smell, hearing, speech, etc. to detect pd as early as possible.
This isn't even a coherent statement. Never said that it should only be done on advanced cases....just advised caution. Are you arguing about that? You say much work is being done. You are right that it is in progress NOT DONE. Therefore correct dx still requires a constellation of collaborative data including progression. There is PD that doesn't progress. How else would you dx that except to wait and observe? Why is my statement strange? Are people not being observed over time? Do you go back to ur doc? Does he do a neuro exam and track ur progress? You are very confused I think. Just arguing to argue and making urself look silly. Maybe ur bullying out of embarassment.

Last edited by Chemar; 06-10-2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Neurotalk Guidelines/flaming
d0gma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote