View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 02:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfordms View Post
I have been dealing with TOS for the last 3 months and have become crippled by it. I can no longer hold my baby boy and I can't work either. I am now researching surgical options as conservative measures including PT, rest, meds and cortisone injections into my elbows have not helped. I am currently considering the following surgeons:

Robert Thompson at Washington University in St. Louis
Dean Donahue at MGH in Boston

Anyone who has been operated on for TOS and has experience with these surgeons or other surgeons...can you please contact me and let me know how your surgery went? Did you have complications? Did you recover from your TOS?

Any advice is deeply appreciated!
Hi, I have not had surgery, but have done alot of research and have read about most peoples experiences on this forum.I have seen 3 here in L.A. for consultations.

First of all,where are you located? Both Docs you have mentioned have very good reputations, Dr. Donohue more so. Dr. Pearl in Texas also has a good rep. I liked Dr. Gelabart in L.A. There are others and may be some closer to you.

Also how long have you conservative measures. Surgery should be a last resort. I have been doing PT,acupuncture etc for 3 years,it took me a long time to find a good pt/ I amfeeling somewhat better than I was but def not 100%. I have not worked in 3 years, but am trying to go back this summer.I I am not considering surgery at this point for me it seems like there are too many complications. Unless everything else has been exhausted. Have you looked at this list for pt's in your area? http://www.instituteofphysicalart.com/ipa/referral/list
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote