Old 06-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_Dazed View Post
I'm so sorry that there are those of you that know how this feels

This young man has no assets to his name. Through the courts he had to pay several hundred dollars.

When we signed the settlement agreement it states we can no longer go after him for any more money. My husband wanted to garnish his wages for life but we'd have to fight to get money from him and be tied to him forever.

If I would have known all this I know now, I would have never sued. I made the lawyer richer for VERY LITTLE work. Insurance is making more than if I didn't fill a claim. They charge the full amount for everything when there's a lawsuit which means it's marked up 80% or more.

My husband is very angry. What we have lost as a family is priceless. What I've lost a human being I couldn't begin to think of a price tag.

My reward...hopefully SSD. CONGRATULATIONS...EVERYTHING YOUVE WORKED FOR SINCE BEFORE COLLEGE TOWARDS YOUR CAREER IS TOSSED AWAY. You won't work in your chosen field

I could go on and on but it's just ranting and all you know the same pain and frustration.

Sometimes I just don't understand God's plan. I LOVED my job and told my kids daily. My soul had endless patience and the love of interacting and teaching these young minds. To be a part of their lives and their families was such an honor and every year I let the moms and dads know that I would always treat their child as I do my own. Besides being a mom there is nothing else that has ever come so purely and genuinely for my soul than teaching.

I am blessed to still be here with my family and be a mom to my girl. I used to wonder why God blessed us with such a good child and now I think I know. Life would be quite a lot harder if she were not who she is...yes, I'm bragging a little.
I was beyond ready to be a mom when she came along and having her has been amazing every step of the way.

Thanks for listening. Sometimes just telling my story helps me move forward. I really appreciate all of you here

Jace
It's surprising (and sad) just how similar our situations are. Well, I guess, that means we're not alone.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote