View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 06:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Sue,
I know it sounds weird to say I'm glad someone else had the issue but it does bring some comfort. I will say that I haven't had the zaps (pin prick) feeling the last couple of days since taking the Mestinon. I did start taking my vit B again also. I had been getting shots before this whole MG issue, to help with the fatigue.

When you first started taking the mestinon did you have muscle twitches? A couple of times after about hour or so of taking it my eyelids and under my eye will twitch. It only last about 30 minutes. It's happen twice now and just wasn't sure if common or not?

I take 60mg 3 times per day. Taking with some food has help with stomach issues too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suev View Post
I'm glad you are getting the attention from your neuro. How much (and how often) Mestinon are you taking and is it helping your weakness at all? Sometimes it takes some 'geting used to'. Be sure to take the pill with some food - it might help the stomach issues.

RE the pain and tingling - - I had that too in the beginning. My neuro said to take B12 sublingual. That was 5 years ago - and I haven't had the PN type issues in a very long time. Would be great if that worked for you!
Elle114 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote