View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 08:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You may not thank me.....but I thank you for posting this thread. Reading this made ME feel better - knowing that I am not the only one that lives in fear. This has happened to me - but not on an irreparable scale in public. But I live in fear.

Two weeks after I started on 4Amino Pyridine (cheaper version of Ampyra) I nearly 'lost everything' in the middle of a crowded shopping centre. I have no idea how I got there in time - I just did, and that was only the start of the side effects from that drug....which I have now sworn off forever....in any form.

Prior to that, I have had this problem, but on a smaller scale and usually at home. The shame I felt was incredible and being 'out of control' was a massive injury to my sense of...well .....'me'.

I am so sorry that this has happened to you - I have another friend with MS, and she told me about a similar incident with an MS friend of hers. Just remember, and saying this to you is reinforcing it to me - this is a b!tch of an illness and we can't control it...

We can only control our reaction to it.

Thanks again for sharing something so personal - I feel your pain, and I offer you my wholehearted care and sympathy.

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 Craniotomy to clip brain aneurysm 2004. ITP 1993.
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (06-12-2014), Debbie D (06-11-2014), Natalie8 (06-13-2014), plum tuckered (06-08-2014), SallyC (06-08-2014), tkrik (06-08-2014)