View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 09:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Upcoming surgery

Hi Rimbanda or is it Phil?,

You've a lovely name, where is it from?
I'm sure you've been told about the bending and twisting. Definitely get lots of rest and walk short walks for 5-10 minutes at first, perhaps 5 minutes at first, twice a day and build it up.
Do you like swimming? Maybe ask your Doctor about a few minutes walking in the pool or back strokes that helped me mentally to. After that, rubbish daytime TV is interesting sometimes....not! In saying that I like the Discovery channels, or films I've recorded. I read books if my concentration is okay with it.

I hope this helps but please remember I'm not a doctor and their advice on anything you feel you can do is important, you probably won't feel like doing these things every day, work at you're own pace and try not to push yourself too hard, listen to your body that will tell you what you're ready for.

Best of luck with your surgery Rimbanda,

Sinéad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimbanda View Post
Hi All,
With my upcoming implant it has me wondering what I can actually do during the recovery period and still fit within the BLAST requirements. I mean 12 weeks is a long time to vegetate and I imagine getting out and walking will be fine. Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimbanda View Post
Hi All,
With my upcoming implant it has me wondering what I can actually do during the recovery period and still fit within the BLAST requirements. I mean 12 weeks is a long time to vegetate and I imagine getting out and walking will be fine. Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Phil
Sophie_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-11-2014), Hannabananna (06-11-2014), PamelaJune (06-10-2014), Rimbanda (06-09-2014), Rrae (06-08-2014)