View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 10:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnt View Post
I
On the substantive issue, my assessment of the risks that come from surgery, weighed against my assessment of the likely gains, are enough for me to decline to take part.

I like the idea of non-invasive electrical/magnetic stimulation and would give this priority over research into earlier DBS.
John
I fully agree with your assessment based on our current knowledge. However, don't you think that assessment might change for early stage PwP if research were to show the procedure to have neuroprotective or progression slowing capability? That's why we do research, to move our knowledge of the science forward.

With regard to non-invasive procedures, again I fully agree. In fact, I was just invited to participate in a new rTMS study that will begin recruiting later this year. I'm doing my research now to determine if I will volunteer to participate. I've read a few studies of interest out of Japan, and I know UCLA is doing some research. I would appreciate input from anyone with some knowledge on this procedure.
Tupelo3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lab rat (06-08-2014), soccertese (06-10-2014)