View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 06:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you Sea Pines 50 for the info. I think it's good to ask a lot of questions so I can fully understand what I have . Although now after I read your response I have more questions!

My major complaint is my sleep disturbances of 30 to 60 times per night which after so many years I can take my best guess and say it's from neck discomfort and neck aches. It's tough to describe but when I wake up I'm conscious of it and I know I have neck discomfort and I must reposition my head to a new position on my pillow. This is constantly happening throughout the night. Unfortunately my only position I can sleep in is on my stomach.

I had a feeling this is the worst position for TOS. My other alternative is to sleep on my back which initially works for about 3 to 4 hours. For some reason my neck feels like it becomes numb and has the same discomfort in this position as well. I can't maintain sleep like this have to roll over to my stomach eventually. The neck discomfort continues the rest of the night.

In regards to the issue of sleep, I've tried almost everything possible to solely treat it as a "sleep issue", not knowing about TOS. The only thing I can say is prescription sleep medications all made my sleep worse and didn't help at all.

I've been through about 20 pillows over the last 4 years. Cervical pillows don't work. Nothing really works.

My questions to you are, is there anything in the world that might be able to provide some type of relief from neck issues from TOS? How certain can I be that TOS surgery is going to fix my neck issues? Is it odd that I also get the neck discomfort and numbness while sleeping on my back?
cppoly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote